Choosing the right hosting for your WordPress website is very important. Your website’s health will rely on the hosting provider you use.
But how do you know which one is the best WordPress host?
Whichever host you’re going to choose, keep in mind the 5 most important factors of a WordPress hosting:
- Server Requirements – It should meet WordPress’s latest server requirements (PHP 7.3+, MySQL 5.6+, HTTPS support, and Nginx or Apache with mod_rewrite module).
- Speed – The faster, the better. A good rule of thumb is 1 second. If your WP site loads slower than that, you might want to change a host (if you don’t know your current website speed, you can use Pingdom).
- Uptime – If your hosting uptime is constantly below 99.95%, you might consider switching it. Uptime is the most important factor in choosing a web host.
- Customer Support – They should help you with WordPress related questions, preferably through 24/7 live chat.
- Pricing – The cheaper, the better, but the performance (uptime and speed), must not suffer. Another important fact is transparency. Pricing should be fair and upfront. Some web hosts practice to “hide” their renewal fees or be unclear about certain features.
My favorite Hosting Company:
Founded in 2003, Hostens is a website hosting company based in Lithuania. It’s part of the much larger Interneto Vizija, which has more than 100,000 customers across Europe. Hostens owns and operatesits own Tier III data center, and its modern website is available in English, Estonian, Latvian, Russian, Ukrainian, Indonesian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Chinese.
Features and Ease of Use
Hostens is a full service hosting provider that offers shared hosting, reseller hosting, VPS plans, and domain registration. The shared hosting plans come with the following features:
- 99.95% uptime guarantee
- Daily and weekly automatic backups
- Domain registration available
- Up to 100 websites
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate
- Up to 60 GB disk space
- Up to 4 TB monthly bandwidth
Hostens owns and operates its own data center, which is located in Vilnius, Lithuania. The center looks immaculate, and it isbuilt to Tier III specifications, meaning less than 1.6 hours of downtime per year. Note, however, that this vendor’s99.95% uptime guaranteefalls short of the Tier III 99.982% target.
Sing up at Hostens Now